Hello everyone! During this cleanup we are going back to a small and beautiful Mangrove and Beach in Al Khor. We are delighted that the Torba farmers market is partnering with us on this cleanup, and the project rescue ocean team is joining our efforts for the day.
This is a kid and family friendly event!
Please note THERE ARE NOT ANY SERVICES 🚽 at the cleanup location. Anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
AGENDA FOR THE DAY:
-12:30pm Meeting time at the Dairy Queen by the Radisson Blue Hotel in Salwa Road. https://goo.gl/maps/7SctiL9p6Ln IF YOU ARE CARPOOLING MEET US HERE.
-1:00pm Departure to the cleanup location:
GO TO THIS LOCATION OF YOU’RE NOT CARPOOLING https://goo.gl/maps/zmf6VkMKwawLDt2X7 WE WILL REGROUP HERE TO GO TO THE SPECIFIC AREA OF THE MANGROVE WE ARE CLEANING.
This is where the cleanup will be taking place:
4x4 is not needed.
-2:00pm arrival to the cleanup location.
-2:00-3:30pm cleanup activities.
-3:30-4:30pm social time, share some food, enjoy a clean beach.
-4:30pm end of the event and departure to Doha whenever people are ready.
Be cool, be on time and be ready to have some fun.
IF YOU ARE A CARPOOL DRIVER:
1. We can't thank you enough for this.
2. Please post on the comments section(transportation plan) if you have a car and how many seats available.
IF YOU NEED A CARPOOL RIDE:
1. Write a comment on the discussion section, under the transportation plan, and let us know you need a ride.
2. Be on time and don’t forget 10-20 riyals for ⛽️. Minimum 10 riyals is mandatory.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU:
-Lots of water as it is very, very hot.
- Water/ Food to share. Reusable water bottles, mugs, food containers, and cutlery are encouraged. Let’s lead by example!
- Your ID / RP
- Hat, towel, change of clothes, sunscreen. PLEASE DRESS PROPERLY. Don’t forget to be culturally sensitive. Girls, shoulders covered. Guys, keep your shirts on. Long shorts or pants are ok.
- Work or garden gloves
- Your beautiful smiles:)
***Every person attending the event is responsible for their wellbeing and safety. DEAP or any of its volunteers is not responsible for anybody's actions and its consequences. All responsibility relies on each individual participating on the cleanup.
There are multiple advertising possibilities with the ILQ network, drop us an e-mail at [email protected] for inquiries!
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
Salam! Welcome to our brand new site! Looking good huh?
We’ve got loads of cool new features and to help make sure your account is secure, you’ll need to reset your password the first time you log in.
New to ILQ? What are you waiting for? Sign up!
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!