The session will introduce attendees to Qatar National Library's Open Access Author Fund and show researchers in Qatar how they can benefit from the fund to publish articles in open access journals. The session will also briefly outline the concept of open access and how it can benefit research in Qatar. The event will be conducted online via Microsoft Teams.
Speaker: Sara Abusaada, Open Access Administrator, Qatar National Library
Date: 19 October 2020
Time: 2:30 – 3:30 PM
As part of the Library's Open Access Week, local researchers and authors are invited to a workshop that will provide information and guidance on how to prepare a manuscript for submissions. The event will be conducted online via Microsoft Teams.
Speaker: Sheridan Willis, Open Access Manager- Wiley,
Title: How to get published - Open Access
Date: 21 October 2020
Time: 2:30 – 4:30 PM
Qatar has an expanding research landscape with several significant achievements in multiple disciplines over the past decade. The present state of research data management in Qatar finds fragmented and scattered sources of research data and information about research activities in the country. The Library is committed to addressing the emerging but increasingly important aspects of research data curation, such as management and publication of research data as important outputs and their long-term digital preservation. This talk, held as part of the Library's Open Access Week, will trace the journey of the Library toward establishing a national research data curation service for Qatar, highlighting the associated opportunities and key challenges. The event will be conducted online via Microsoft Teams.
- Riham Daher, Director of Programs Administrations, Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF): “ Principles of Research Data Management”
- Dr. Arif B. Shaon, Qatar National Library Senior Digital Curation Specialist: “Opening up research output in Qatar as a national library service – an approach by Qatar National Library”
Date: 21 October 2020
Time: 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused ripples through all aspects of life, impacting the economy and education. Libraries have gone into lockdown, and the increased dependency on electronic resources has highlighted the necessity of quality online content and the importance of open access to information.
Without a doubt, the changes brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic have had an impact on the landscape of open access, open science and scholarly publishing. This panel discussion, part of the Library's Open Access Week, will explore the pandemic's impact on various stakeholders, including libraries, scholarly publishers and research institutions, and will explore expectations and predictions for 2021 and beyond. The event will be conducted online via Microsoft Teams.
- Iryna Kuchma, EIFL Open Access Programme Manager: “Open Science: What we've learned in the time of COVID-19 and what we need to do together”
- Dr. Walid Qoronfleh, Director, Healthcare Research & Policy, World Innovation Summit for Health (WISH): “Healthcare research? Value, importance and outcomes”
- Aisha Hassan Al-Abdulla, Section Head of Digital Repository and Archives, Qatar University Library: “Efforts of Qatar University Library towards promoting open access in the era of COVID-19”
- Stephan Kuster, Head of Institutional Relations-Frontiers “It shouldn’t take a pandemic! – Making Open Access the ‘new normal’ in scholarly publishing”
- Dr. Rima Isaifan, Head of Academic and Journals Publishing, HBKU Press: “Open Access Publishing in the time of COVID19- Reflections on HBKU Press Experience.”
- Dr. Achraf Othman, Head of ICT Access Research and Innovation Section. Mada – Assistive Technology Center Qatar- "Open Access Resources for Researchers and Innovators to Enhance the Accessibility of Persons with Disabilities and Elderly during COVID-19
Date: 22 October 2020
Time: 1:00 – 3:00 PM
The Library's Open Initiative Award will be given to initiatives that
have contributed to the advancement of open scholarship in Qatar. This
session will feature the announcement of the award recipient and a
presentation by the award recipient. The event will be conducted online via Microsoft Teams.
Date: 25 October 2020
Time: 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
As part of QNL's commitment to the sharing of knowledge and universal access to information without barriers, they are pleased to launch the Open Initiative Award! Read more about the Award here. The deadline for submissions for the Award this year is 7 October 2020.
There are multiple advertising possibilities with the ILQ network, drop us an e-mail at [email protected] for inquiries!
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
Salam! Welcome to our brand new site! Looking good huh?
We’ve got loads of cool new features and to help make sure your account is secure, you’ll need to reset your password the first time you log in.
New to ILQ? What are you waiting for? Sign up!
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!