What: Qatar International Business Womens Forum
Where: Sheraton Hotel, Doha
When: 10th-11th May
Under the patronage of
Her Highness Sheikha Mozah Bint Nasser Al Missned
Qatar International Businesswomen Forum
It is no longer possible to discuss economic growth in any country without highlighting the major role played by women and their active participation in building a country’s economy and society, particularly at a time when women are increasingly assuming positions as leaders and managers of institutions, enterprises, projects and major businesses around the world. As the world economy starts to recover gradually from the economic and financial crisis, increasing emphasis is being given to the required radical change in economic structures, laws and regulations that were at the heart of this crisis in the first place.
Accordingly, there is dire need today for a joining and coordination of efforts to come out of the crisis stronger than before and to avoid similar pitfalls in the future. This endeavor undoubtedly requires an active participation by women who are leaders in so many fields nowadays, including a wide range of investment and business activities, thanks to the role played by businesswomen’s organizations and networks in promoting joint action and supporting success stories throughout the world.
Based on this need for cooperation, and under the patronage of her Highness Sheikha Mozah Bint Nasser Al Missned, Consort of His Highness the Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al Thani, the Qatari Businesswomen Forum in collaboration with Interactive Business Network (IBN), Al Iktissad Wal Aamal Group and Al Hasnaa magazine, is organizing the first Qatar International Businesswomen Forum on 10 and 11 May 2010 at the Sheraton Doha Resort and Convention Hotel, State of Qatar. The forum aims to discuss the role played by women in business and investment and to highlight opportunities to develop and expand the scope of this role in the future, as well as to consider the challenges and obstacles facing women in their various endeavors.
Main topics and issues to be covered include:
* The role women in business and investment in the Arab world and the West.
* Comparing success stories of businesswomen in the Arab world and the West.
* Women Entrepreneurs: Hurdles at the starting gate.
* Preferential advantages for women leaders in small and medium sized enterprises.
* Do Women face a glass ceiling in corporate life?
* The growing role of young women in the management of family-owned enterprises.
* The importance and methodology of leadership coaching for building leadership capabilities among businesswomen.
* The reality of businesswomen organizations and networks in the Arab world and the west: Do they advance the role of women in promoting political stability?
* The contribution of women to financing social projects and how to activate such contributions.
Qatari Business Women Forum
Follow us on our social media channels: