A Flower Each Spring Program (a private program sponsored by H. H. Sheikha Moza bint Nasser for environmental awareness purposes) under Friends of Nature (Environmental NGO) is collaborating with Doha Environmental Actions Project (Environmental NGO) for a Beach Clean Up at the Purple Island and around the area, also cleaning dead mangroves and replantingon Friday, January 11, 2019, from 2pm to 4:30pm.
AGENDA FOR THE DAY:
-12:30pm IF YOU’RE CARPOOLING with team DEAP. Meeting point at the Dairy Queen by the Radisson Blue Hotel in Salwa Road. https://goo.gl/maps/mywcJ1bXDru.
-1pm Departure to the cleanup location.
-2pm team set up at a Flower Each Spring camp. IF YOU’RE NOT CARPOOLING go straight to this location . 4x4 is not needed.
-2pm to 4:30 pm clean up activities.
-4:30pm to 5:30pm We'll share some food (bring your own food or food to share) and socialize.
Be cool, be on time and be ready to have some fun.
IF YOU ARE A CARPOOL DRIVER:
1. DEAP can't thank you enough for this.
2. Please post on the comments section(transportation plan) if you have a car and how many seats available.
IF YOU NEED A RIDE:
1. Write a comment on the discussion section, under transportation plan, and let us know you need a ride.
2. Be on time and don’t forget 10-20 riyals for ⛽️. Minimum 10 riyals is mandatory.
3. Be careful and keep their car clean. Don't bring the beach in their cars...
Notes and What to bring with you:
- YOU ID / RP
- Hat, towel, change of clothes (in case), sunscreen. PLEASE DRESS PROPERLY. Don’t forget to be culturally sensitive.
- Work or garden gloves
- Water is provided throughout the program to avoid dehydration
- Highly experienced paramedic on the scene (volunteer)
- Al Khor Hospital is only 3 minutes away
- Pictures and Videos are allowed
- Don't forget to bring Your beautiful smiles :)
***Every person attending the event is responsible for their well being and safety. DEAP, FES, and FON or any of it's volunteers are not responsible for anybody's actions and its consequences. All responsibility relies on each individual.
There are multiple advertising possibilities with the ILQ network, drop us an e-mail at [email protected] for inquiries!
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
Salam! Welcome to our brand new site! Looking good huh?
We’ve got loads of cool new features and to help make sure your account is secure, you’ll need to reset your password the first time you log in.
New to ILQ? What are you waiting for? Sign up!
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!