Location: Jazirat Al Khuwair Beach, Qatar
Date: 25 February 2022
- 25 February 2022
- 08:15 pm
No tickets needed
- Registration is required - It's free!
This Friday, Deap Qatar is going to the beautiful beach and island of Al Khuwair. This is a kid and family-friendly activity. Due to Covid, registration is MANDATORY and they have LIMITED spaces.
DETAILS / WHAT TO BRING:
- Volunteers must have their own transportation.
- Sedans can reach without a problem although the last 200 meters can get bumpy.
- Participants must be willing to walk for around 200 meters on 0-30cm of calm water to reach the island. Those who don’t want to go to the island can stay on the beach on the mainland.
- Bring water shoes or any shoes you don’t mind getting wet with seawater.
- Green Ehteraz is required. Wearing a face mask and social distancing is MANDATORY.
- Bring your QID or passport. Anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Bring your own gloves, work or gardening gloves are recommended. Bags will be provided.
- Dress PROPERLY: Be respectful of local culture. Shoulders covered, no small shorts. Long shorts or pants are preferred. Don’t forget sun protection.
- Bring your own food and drinks. We encourage people to bring reusable water bottles and food that’s not too heavily packaged.
- There are NO toilets or facilities on site. There’s always a petrol station along the way.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Please only confirm if you are 100% certain you are coming.
- Send them a direct message on their Instagram account (@deapqatar).
- Let them know how many people are coming with you.
- They will send you a confirmation message if there are enough spaces available, including the exact cleanup location.
- 2:30 pm arrival to the meeting point. PLEASE DON’T BE LATE.
- 2:30 - 4:15 pm cleanup activities.
- 4:15 - 5:15 pm Social time, enjoy the sunset and a clean beach. People leave whenever they want.
- Every participant/volunteer acknowledges that not DEAP, nor any of its volunteers is responsible for the actions, the consequences of these actions, and the well-being of participants en route, during, and after the cleanup.
- All volunteers acknowledge the risks associated with the cleanup and being outdoors in nature and the wilderness.
- All responsibility relies on each volunteer attending the cleanup.
Source and image credit: DEAP Qatar
Follow us on our social media channels: