[UPDATE]: Please note that this event has been cancelled as a precautionary measure to Coronavirus infection.
Hello everyone! DEAP in cooperation with the Department of Archeology at Qatar Museums invites you to our heritage site cleanup at the Qatari Heritage Village of Al Ghariyah!
This is a kid and family-friendly event.
Please note THERE ARE NOT ANY SERVICES (toilets) at the cleanup location.
Anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
AGENDA FOR THE DAY:
-4x4 is not needed.
-12:30pm Meeting time at the Dairy Queen by the Radisson Blue Hotel in Salwa Road. https://goo.gl/maps/7SctiL9p6Ln IF YOU ARE CARPOOLING MEET US HERE.
-1:00pm Departure to the cleanup location. GO HERE IF YOU ARE DRIVING ON YOUR OWN AND KNOW THE AREA: https://goo.gl/maps/pwGWBiMmuhHUpPH28
-2:30 pm Arrival to the cleanup location.
-2:30-4:00pm Cleanup activities.
-4:00-5:00pm Social time, share some food, enjoy a clean beach.
-5:00pm end of the event.
IF YOU ARE DRIVING YOUR OWN CAR AND CARPOOLING WITH TEAM DEAP:
1. We can't thank you enough for this.
2. Please post on the comments section(transportation plan) how many seats you have available.
IF YOU NEED A CARPOOL RIDE:
1. Write a comment on the discussion section, under transportation plan, and let us know you need a ride.
2. Be on time and don’t forget 10-20 riyals to contribute for petrol with your driver.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU:
- Water/ Food to share. Reusable water bottles, mugs, food containers, and cutlery are encouraged. Let’s lead by example!
- Your ID / RP
- Hat, towel, change of clothes, sunscreen. PLEASE DRESS PROPERLY (long pants or bermudas ok). Don’t forget to be culturally sensitive. Girls, shoulders covered. Guys, keep your shirts on.
-Closed toe shoes are recommended.
***Every person attending the event is responsible for their own wellbeing and safety.
***DEAP or any of its volunteers is not responsible for anybody's actions and their consequences.
***All responsibility relies on each individual participating on the cleanup.
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!