Location: Doha Fire Station
Date: 4 August 2021
- 11 September 2021
- 10:00 pm
Phone: +974 4422 4222
Do you love art? Enjoy the "Mazeej" exhibition at the Fire Station: Artists' Residence, which blends different forms of art. This is happening at Gallery 4 at Doha Fire Station.
Participants of the exhibition:
- Sidra Zubairi is a Doha based artist and a product designer. Her work focuses on digital fabrication techniques combined with hand crafting practices, to develop artwork that speak about the personal, social and cultural experiences. With a background in Jewelry and Accessory Design and an MFA in design studies, she centers her work on meticulous details of a product and its fabrication process.
- Sarah Al-Ansari is a Qatari artist who earned her BFA in Painting from Middle Tennessee State University. She works exclusively with paintings and printmaking and was an artist-in-residence at the Fire Station 2018-19.
- Amal Ali is an Exhibitions Coordinator for Qatar Museums. Prior to that, she was a Programs Associate for The Media Majlis at Northwestern University in Qatar. Amal has a Bachelor of Science in Communication from Northwestern University in Qatar. Recently, Amal has begun experimenting in visual arts, focusing primarily on painting imaginative portraits.
- Reem Zaghmout is a visual artist whose work focuses on exploring the idea of juxtaposition through the composition of elements in contrast to the colors portrayed in her work. Reem holds a Bachelor’s degree in Multimedia Design from the American University of Sharjah.
- Saida Alkhulaifi is a visual artist and curator based in Qatar. Alkhulaifi obtained her MA degree in Museums and Gallery Practice from University College of London and is currently managing the residency programs and exhibitions at the Fire Station Artist in Residence. She is interested in understanding the world around her through looking into themes of time, society norms, and nature. Her artistic approach is a mix of analogue photography, experimental developing and printing, text, and embroidery.
- Khalifa Al Obaidly is a Qatari photographer who originally studied marine biology at Qatar University, and underwater photography was one of his earliest formative experiences with the medium. Since 2002 Al Obaidly has concentrated on Qatari tradition and culture through the twin themes of desert and sea, Al Obaidly is also involved with many Qatari heritage programs and initiatives, as well as leading the Msheireb Art Centre Most recently, Khalifa leads the Fire Station and developed the Artist in Residence programme alongside many other programmes to support the local artists and connect them to international art scene. He is also the director of the photography festival Tasweer.
- Alanoud Al-Buainain is a multidisciplinary artist working in drawing, photography, video, and installation. She holds an MFA in Fine Arts from the School of Visual Arts in New York.
- Saturday to Thursday: 9 am – 7 pm
- Friday: 1:30 pm – 7 pm
Source: Qatar Calendar, Doha Fire Station
Cover image credit: Qatar Calendar
Follow us on our social media channels: