Location: People based in Qatar
Date: 8 February 2022
- 28 March 2022
- 03:00 am
- Participate now! - 1500QR
Heenat Salma is a multidisciplinary project dedicated to holistic methods in agriculture, architecture, vocational training, education, craftsmanship, wellbeing and community development.
Heenat Salma Farm is inviting Artists from around Qatar to be a part of the Botanical Art club cultivating their art on existing plants and trees at the farm. Duration of 6 sessions starting February 8th.
- Location: Heenat Salma farm, Qatar
- Starting date: Monday 8th of February 2022
- Duration: 6 work sessions, running for 2 months with a 1-week exhibition starting the first week of May (The exact dates will be sent to the selected artists)
- Package: 30 to 40 plants and trees from Heenat Salama Farm. Exhibition booklet/book
- Artists Age Group: 18 years and above, Limited to 8 Artists Only.
- Submission Fees: No fee
INSTRUCTION AND WORKING SESSIONS:
- The farm will provide the selected artists with a workstation with art material such as paper, pencils, and colors. If the artist has specific needs they can also bring their own material.
- The workshop sessions will be on Monday starting February 8th until the 28th of March. ( dates will be sent by email to every participant)
- Training on the botanical art process will be given during the 3 first sessions on-site at Heenat Salma Farm.
- The 3 other sessions could be done on-site or online according to COVID restrictions.
- The instructor will be given to all the artists all information related to the selected plants in every session. (on-site and online)
- A certificate from Caravane Earth foundation will be provided at the end of the program and the exhibition for every artist.
- Price for Selected Artists only: QR 1,500 per artist.
- This price will cover the material, the organization of all the workshops, and the exhibition's curation, installation, and publications.
- Jury deliberation: 7th February 2022
- Participants need to be residents or citizens of Qatar.
- Artists must send a portfolio, exhibiting their interest in art and nature. The artwork needs to be original, with no digital production.
- There is no entry fee to submit your work. Payment of 1,500 QR needs to be done. This cost will cover the materials, workshop organization, exhibition, installation, publication, and certification. The payment is required during the time of entry for the selected artists.
- The mediums used will be acrylic paint, brushes, assemblage, charcoal, colored pencils, collage, drawings, encaustic, fiber art, illustrations, mixed media, oil, painting, pastel, photography, watercolor.
- Please submit the following information to this email address: [email protected]
a - Artist's name
b- Instagram or/ and website
c- Biography of 150 words
d- Proposal of 150 words
e- 5 images of the work you would like to show, including the title, year, dimensions, and materials all in Jpeg Format.
Open Call Opening: 25th of January 2022
Deadline to submit: 5th of February 2022
Notification: 7th of February 2022
Exhibition: 1st week of May 2022
Note: The payment is required during the time of entry for the selected artists.
Source and image credit: Heenat Salma
Follow us on our social media channels: