Living in Qatar means getting a taste of foods from around the world without even having to leave the city. In Doha, you have a variety of cuisines at your fingertips: Arabic, Indian, Latin American, Asian and a number of others. People living here have developed tastes for dishes from all over the world, to the point that their late night cravings are international. One such popular fan-favorite is the colorful, enticing dish, biryani. It's one of the most popular dishes from the Indian subcontinent. You’ve got to be living under a rock if you don’t know what biryani is! A flavorful mix of rice, meat and spices, this dish will leave you salivating.
1. Zaoq: This Pakistani restaurant with two accessible locations has been the satisfier of many-a-craving. The Sindhi Biryani at Zaoq is famous around Qatar and is a fragrant mix of delicious, exotic and mouthwatering flavors. The marinated chicken cooked with long-grain basmati rice Is slightly spicy and will transport you to Pakistan in a second. The biryani is definitely a must-try if you enjoy Pakistani food and is one of the more unique flavors available in Qatar. Zaoq is located on the ground floor of Ezdan Mall and near the Midmac Flyover.
2. Grill at the Village: When you walk into the Grill at the Village, the ambience will assure you of the memorable and delicious night you’re about to have. The Grill serves both Indian and Persian food but is one of the pricier options for Indian food in Qatar. The biryani, however, makes it worth every penny. Their Purdah Gosht Biryani, boneless lamb with fragrant Basmati rice is a favorite among many. The Nawabi Murgh Biryani, a chicken option for those who aren’t big fans of lamb, has its own unique flavor and is one of the better biryani options in Qatar. The Village is located on Salwa Road near the Midmac Flyover and, also, in Souq Waqif.
3. Gazebo: A slightly more affordable option with a relaxing environment is Gazebo in Barazan Souq. Specializing in North Indian food, this biryani will leave you wanting more. Served in an earthen pot sealed with bread to capture the aromatic combination of spices and marinated chicken, the Murgh Tikka Biryani definitely deserves a spot on this list. Gazebo is quite versatile and creative when it comes to biryani and serves several varieties of the dish. Some of these include Hyderabadi Biryani, Gosht ki Biryani (mutton biryani) and Boti Masala Biryani. Gazebo is located in Umm Salal Mohammed.
4. Biryani Express: Another restaurant with a ton of options to gratify your biryani needs is Biryani Express! It offers a vast variety of biryani and with different spice levels too! You can find chicken, mutton, shrimp and vegetable biryani at Biryani Express. Their flavors range from mild, to hot, to extra hot. Their take-away packaging is quite practical too. You get a cardboard box with your biryani in a plastic container, along with two little containers of raita and some plastic cutlery. Quite practical, especially if you’re at work or at school or university! They also have some great family and party combo meals! Biryani Express is located in the Al Rayyan area.
5. Mr. Broast: Last, but certainly not the least, you should certainly try the biryani at Mr. Broast! The restaurant offers Hyderabadi and Pakistani cuisine and has one of the best biryanis in Qatar! It offers both mutton and chicken biryani that are customer favorites! Mr. Broast has two branches, one in Najma and one in the Old Airport area.
What are your favorite spots to have biryani in Qatar? Let us know in the comments below! And don't forget to give us a like and a share—it keeps us going!
There are multiple advertising possibilities with the ILQ network, drop us an e-mail at [email protected] for inquiries!
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
Salam! Welcome to our brand new site! Looking good huh?
We’ve got loads of cool new features and to help make sure your account is secure, you’ll need to reset your password the first time you log in.
New to ILQ? What are you waiting for? Sign up!
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!