In a series of tweets, Qatar National Library announced that it will now be open until 7:30 PM. However, library visits will continue to be by appointment only and visitors will be allowed into the building only if they fulfill the following conditions:
- Have a confirmation of their slot booking through the form below
- Are between ages 13 and 60
- Have a green status on the Ehteraz app
- Have a temperature of no more than 37.8 degrees Celsius
- Have a face mask or shield
- Only 100 people will be allowed in the building during the 8:00 to 10:00 AM time slot and 150 people during the other two time slots (10:30 AM to 2:30 PM and 3:30 to 7:30 PM).
- Please follow the social distancing rules everywhere in the Library and stand only on designated stickers whenever queuing.
- Social gatherings of more than 10 people are strictly restricted in the Library and will be monitored by security.
- Reading carrels may be used on a first-come, first-use basis, with only one user inside each carrel.
- To borrow books, you need to request them in advance at least 2 working days before the time slot you’ve booked for your Library visit. You will need your Library ID to self-checkout these books.
- The Heritage Library is reopening and our Heritage Reading Room is also available to users for selected heritage and reference materials. Heritage Library materials are accessible primarily by requesting a digital copy via this email ([email protected]). If the requested item has not yet been digitized, we will let you know when it is available.
- No public group tours will be conducted in the Library, including the Heritage Library Exhibition Area, until further notice. Individual visits are permitted by appointment only through the booking form below, and all health precautions must be followed.
- The Children's Library and the Young Adults' Area will remain closed until further notice.
- For their safety, pregnant women are not allowed into the Library during this phase of reopening.
- If you want to use the Innovation Stations, please send a booking request by email to ([email protected]). A member of QNL staff will get back to you on your request and the date and time when you need to book your visit to the Library. The time slots available for booking the Innovation Stations (Sunday to Thursday) are:
- 8:00 -10:00 AM (2 hours)
- 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM (2 hours)
- 1:00 - 2:30p PM (1.5 hours)
- 3:30 - 5:30 PM (2 hours)
- 6:00 - 7:30 PM (1.5 hours)
Source: Qatar National Library
Follow us on our social media channels: