In an external circular, the Healthcare Facilities Licensing & Accreditation Department of the Ministry of Public Health announced that:
"As part of the plan of the Ministry of Public Health for more involvement of the Private Healthcare Sector in the fight against the COVID-19 epidemic, it has been decided to allow private healthcare facilities in Qatar to run the following additional tests for Covid-19:
• Covid-19 Rapid Antigen (Ag) Test and,
• Covid-19 Rapid Antibody (Ab) Test, in compliance with, and as described in, the attached protocols.
Please note the following:
• The necessary approvals must be obtained in coordination with HMC laboratories and Healthcare Facilities Licensing & Accreditation Department at the Ministry of Public Health.
• The price of the Rapid test should not exceed 50 Qatari Riyals.
• It is the responsibility of the private healthcare facilities to comply with all the requirements that came attached protocols.
Violating this circular exposes the healthcare facility to legal accountability."
On 29 May 2021, the Ministry of Public Health has updated its COVID-19 testing protocol and approved antibody and antigen tests to be performed in the private healthcare sector.
Source: Ministry of Public Health
Cover image: Shutterstock
Follow us on our social media channels:
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!