In a Tweet, the Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC), said that the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) announced changes of getting COVID-19 second dose vaccination process.
The changes for PHCC:
- Patients who received their first dose at a health center will be booked into the same health center for their second dose.
- Patients who received their first dose at a health center in the last 20 days and were referred to a drive-through vaccination center for their second dose, will receive an SMS to reschedule an appointment at a PHCC health center.
- People visiting the center without a fixed/scheduled appointment will not be vaccinated.
- Patients will be requested to show their EHTERZ status as green, their vaccination card and their QID, before vaccination.
The changes for the Drive-through vaccination centers in Lusail and Al Wakra:
- Referral to a drive-through center for the second dose will only be for patients who received their first dose at QNCC.
- Patients will receive an SMS specifying the time slot during which they can visit the drive-through for their second dose.
- No second doses will be given before the due date; 21 days after the first dose for Pfizer/BioNTec, and 28 days after the first dose for Moderna.
- Patients need to visit the drive-through center in their own vehicle or in a taxi (no buses or people on foot are permitted), and will be requested to show their EHTERZ status as green, their vaccination card and their QID.
- If patients miss the scheduled time of their second dose, they will receive an SMS with a rescheduled appointment at a PHCC health center.
Source: HMC (Twitter)
Cover image: Shutterstock
Follow us on our social media channels: