The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) in a Tweet, announced that due to the emergence of a new strain of the "Covid-19" virus in India, and in order to preserve public health in the State of Qatar, it was decided that no exceptions to the hotel quarantine policy will apply.
Mandatory quarantine for travellers from India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and the Philippines pic.twitter.com/QndoLnzps3— مؤسسة حمد الطبية (@HMC_Qatar) April 26, 2021
The following measures should be implemented for travellers coming from India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and the Philippines, whether they are travelling through direct flight or via other countries (transit), which include:
1. All passengers whose original flight is from the said countries are subject to mandatory COVID-19 PCR Test done 48 hours before departure from the testing centers approved by their local health authority. Knowing that no one can board the flight to Qatar without a valid Negative PCR certificate.
2. All arrivals from those countries must undergo (10) days quarantine in a dedicated quarantine facility, or (14) days if quarantined at Mekhaines facility.
3. Home quarantine criteria is not applicable for travelers coming from these countries, including the exemptions due to vaccination or recovery from a previous infection with the virus during the past six months.
4. All arrivals from those countries must undergo a repeat COVID-19 PCR test at the quarantine facility within one day of arrival. Knowing that the PCR test will be repeated during and before the end of the quarantine period.
5. All passengers transiting through Qatar must have the mandatory pre-travel PCR test as mentioned in point 1, and in case they require another PCR test for their onward destination, they can have it at Hamad International Airport on a standard fee of QAR 300/- per test.
The Ministry affirmed, in a statement, that it is closely monitoring the situation, and taking the necessary measures in accordance with public health indicators in the State of Qatar and worldwide, encouraging the population to adhere to the precautionary measures in order to preserve the health and safety of everyone.
It is known that the new strains, including the one discovered in India, are more capable of spreading, and more research is being conducted at the present time to identify the speed of this spread and the extent of its impact on the lives of those infected with it.
Source: MoPH Qatar
Cover image source: Shutterstock
There are multiple advertising possibilities with the ILQ network, drop us an e-mail at [email protected] for inquiries!
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
Salam! Welcome to our brand new site! Looking good huh?
We’ve got loads of cool new features and to help make sure your account is secure, you’ll need to reset your password the first time you log in.
New to ILQ? What are you waiting for? Sign up!
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!