New cases and recoveries
- 546 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 were announced today.
- 1614 people have recovered from the virus during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases recovered in Qatar to 93898.
- In addition, the Ministry announces five new deaths, for people aged 59, 64, 67, 80 and 88 - all were receiving the necessary medical care.
- All new cases have been introduced to isolation and are receiving necessary healthcare according to their health status.
Current COVID-19 status
- Measures to tackle COVID-19 in Qatar have succeeded in flattening the curve and limiting the spread of the virus.
- The number of new daily cases and hospital admissions has gradually declined over the past few weeks.
- We are seeing a rise in the number of deaths in recent weeks and this is due to the people who were infected at the height of the virus several weeks ago.
- There has been an increase in cases among families.
- This is of great concern as this population group includes the highest percentage of the elderly and people with chronic conditions.
- Now more than ever, we must be careful and protect the most vulnerable.
What you can do
- While the restrictions of COVID-19 are gradually being lifted in Qatar, it is important for everyone to play their role in controlling the virus by following precautionary measures: adherence to physical distancing, wearing a face mask and washing your hands regularly.
- Most importantly, it is vital that we continue to protect the elderly and those with chronic medical conditions.
- Anyone suffering from COVID-19 symptoms should either contact 16000 helpline or go directly to one of the designated health centers to undergo the necessary checks: Muaither, Rawdat Al Khail, Umm Slal, or Al Gharafa Health Centers. This is important as the earlier the disease is detected the easier it will be to receive the right treatment and recover from it.
- Visit the MOPH website for regular updates and new information.
Follow us on our social media channels: