NOTE: Please check the official MOPH website before you make any travel plans.
Please do not book a “Welcome Home Quarantine Hotel Package” until you have read the full MOPH policy and you know what type of quarantine you will be required to complete.
UPDATE: If you are traveling to Qatar after 28 February 2022, 7 pm, please read - Qatar's new travel and return policy effective 28 February 2022
Quarantine categories on Discover Qatar (click on the link to book):
- 1-night hotel accommodation
- 5-night hotel accommodation
- 2-night Mekaines accommodation
- 7-night Mekaines accommodation
RELATED: Qatar removes hotel quarantine for fully vaccinated and recovered citizens & residents from 28 February 2022
Do I need to book a quarantine hotel?
- Please read the MOPH travel and return policy in full to understand if you are able to enter the State of Qatar, and if you require a Discover Qatar Quarantine Hotel Package.
- If you are travelling with children who are not vaccinated then you need to refer to the MOPH travel and return policy to understand if you are exempt from quarantine or are required to undertake a period of home quarantine or hotel quarantine.
- If you are an adult and are not fully vaccinated, please refer to the MOPH travel and return policy to determine if you are allowed to enter the State of Qatar, and what your quarantine requirement is mandated as.
What is the approved vaccine list?
Approved vaccines are:
- Pfizer / BioNTech (Comirnaty) - Two Doses
- Moderna (SpikeVax) - Two Doses
- AstraZeneca (Covishield / Oxford / Vaxzevria) - Two Doses
- Jansen / Johnson & Johnson (only one dose)
Conditionally approved vaccines are:
- Sinopharm vaccine - Two Doses
- Sinovac - Two Doses
- Sputnik V - Two Doses
- Covaxin - Two Doses
Travelers who are vaccinated outside Qatar are required to submit the original vaccine certificate and any other supporting documents –in Arabic or English language– as a proof that they have obtained the vaccine and should at least include the following information:
- The name of the traveler must be identical to that on the passport.
- Doses and dates of vaccine given (one dose for Jansen vaccine and two doses for other vaccines).
- Type/name of vaccine.
- The serial number of the vaccine batch and QR code (if available).
- Fully Vaccinated: Anyone who received any of the following COVID-19 vaccine approved/recognized by the Ministry of Public Health within its immunity validity period:
- Valid for nine (9) months from fourteen (14) days after 2nd dose or booster dose vaccination of Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zenica COVID-19 vaccines.
- Valid for nine (9) months from 2 weeks after the 1st dose of Jansen & Jansen COVID-19 vaccine; or valid for nine (9) months from seven (7) days of receiving the booster dose of Jansen & Jansen COVID-19 vaccine.
- Valid for six (6) months from fourteen (14) days after the 2nd dose or booster dose of conditionally approved COVID-19 vaccines, where a positive Serology on Antibody Test lab result is required and is valid for 30 days from testing; If the traveler is unable to take a Serology Antibody test in the country of origin or if the Antibody test result appear negative, the traveler must undergo relevant quarantine for 5 days; Those who received booster dose using MOPH approved vaccines immune status is extended to nine (9) months from seven (7) days after the booster dose and Serology Antibody test is no longer required.
- Recovered: Anyone who had a medically confirmed COVID-19 infection acquired either locally or overseas is considered to have immune status valid for nine (9) months from the date of the infection. There should be an official and verifiable laboratory test result as evidence of the past infection.
- Unvaccinated / Non-immune: Anyone who does not meet any of the above criteria.
Do I need a PCR test prior to arrival?
Qatar Nationals and Residents of Qatar do not require a PCR test prior to arrival, unless they are travelling from a country on the Red Health Measures list and they are unvaccinated.
All other arrivals do require a PCR test, taken within 48 hours of the flight departure time.
RELATED: PCR test not required for fully vaccinated citizens, residents traveling to Qatar starting 28 February 2022
Do I need to register before arrival?
In order to facilitate entry procedures into the country, the online pre-registration on the Ehteraz website is optional for citizens and residents. However, pre-registration is still mandatory for visitors hours before travel to obtain a travel permit.
The goal of launching the pre-registration platform is to make it faster and smoother for travelers arriving at all ports of entry into the country.
READ MORE: Pre-registration on Ehteraz website before traveling to Qatar now optional for citizens, residents: MOPH
Do I need a Visa to travel to Qatar?
Citizens of over 95 countries are eligible for visa-free entry into the State of Qatar. Allowable lengths of stay vary, and visitors are kindly advised to check with Qatar Tourism for their Visa requirements.
READ MORE: Qatar to resume issuance of tourist, family entry visas from 12 July
Steps for booking quarantine hotel
NOTE: Hotel rooms are limited and subject to high demand. You cannot book directly from the hotel website. You can only book from Qatar Airways Holidays in partnership with Discover Qatar.
- Check the availability of hotels on the Discover Qatar/Qatar Airways Holidays booking page for your desired flight date.
- If there are no search results that turned up for that date, try searching for another date. According to Discover Qatar/Qatar Airways Holidays, "Inventory is released every day, twice a day, and we encourage travelers to check regularly online for any changes to availability."
- Choose from different hotels depending on your budget and preference.
- Make sure all details are correct.
- Book your hotel quarantine package.
- NOTE: A maximum of 2 adults and 1 child, 6 years or under may share a room (Only direct relatives).
- Book your flight (if coming from a country not on the COVID-19 Green List by air).
If you need to cancel your quarantine booking:
- It's allowed up to 14 days before the arrival date of your quarantine booking, including full refunds, according to Discover Qatar.
- All cancellations within 14 days are subject to 100% cancellation charges.*
- If you confirm your booking within 14 days of arrival it is non-refundable and the dates cannot be amended*. Please, therefore, do not book your quarantine package until you are sure that the details are correct.
*Exceptions to the above according to Discover Qatar:
- The flight was canceled or changed by the airline.
- Compassionate grounds, supported by some documentary evidence, such as a positive PCR result preventing travel.
- Exemption from quarantine granted upon arrival in Qatar.
- The State of Qatar rules of entry into Qatar change in a way that materially affects your booking
What will happen on arrival in Qatar?
- Those flying into Qatar via HIA airport: Upon arrival at HIA, if you are required to enter self-funded quarantine, you will be directed to a transfer to take you to your hotel.
- Those driving into Qatar via Abu Samra land border:
After completing border control formalities all travelers will be asked to drive directly to their chosen hotel, without stopping where you will be met by hotel security who will guide them to their dedicated parking area. They will then check-in and begin their mandated quarantine.
All members of the traveling party will be required to sign a declaration, stating that you will drive directly to your pre-booked quarantine hotel. There will be a dedicated time period allowed before arrival is expected at your hotel.
What to expect during your quarantine stay in an approved hotel
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch, and evening meals (as a minimum) are included in your hotel booking. All meals will be left outside the door of your room.
- Laundry: At an additional cost.
- Bed linen change: Minimum once a week.
- What can be delivered: Personal items or safely packaged food items in disposable containers.
- Leaving the room: During your quarantine stay you are not allowed to leave your room.
- Testing and EHTERAZ status change: At the end of the hotel quarantine, you'll be tested for COVID-19. If negative, your EHTERAZ status will turn to Green after the quarantine.
- Medical services: Medical teams will be at the hotel 24/7
Got further questions? Contact Discover Qatar/Qatar Airways Holidays here:
- 24 February: Ministry of Public Health announced changes to the travel & return policy effective 28 February 2022 at 7 pm.
- Qatar reduces COVID-19 country lists to only Red list with 9 countries
- PCR test not required for fully vaccinated citizens, residents traveling to Qatar starting 28 February 2022
- Qatar removes hotel quarantine for fully vaccinated and recovered citizens & residents from 28 February 2022
- 19 December 2021: On 19 December, the State of Qatar announced changes to the travel and return policy, effective immediately.
- 3 October 2021: Ministry of Public Health announced changes to the travel & return policy effective Wednesday 6 October 2021 from 2 pm.
- 2 August 2021: MOPH has announced for those coming from the following six East Asian countries (Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka), effective 2 August 2021.
- Those vaccinated/recovering from COVID-19 in the State of Qatar are subject to a two-day hotel quarantine and are allowed to leave the hotel on the second day if the result of the PCR test is negative.
- The rest of the people are subject to a hotel quarantine for a period of 10 days.
- 29 July 2021: Starting 12 July, the new travel and return policy announced by MOPH Qatar has become effective. Quarantine categories are Green (5 nights), Yellow (7 nights), Red (10 nights), and Mekaines (10 nights).
Extracted from: Discover Qatar in partnership with Qatar Airways Holidays; HIA Qatar
Follow us on our social media channels: