The Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) has announced updates to the COVID-19 travel policy for the State of Qatar. Citizens and residents are advised to exercise caution when travelling to international destinations taking into account their vaccination status and the extent to which COVID-19 is spreading in the country of arrival.
The below travel and return policy will come into effect on Tuesday, 1 November 2022.
- It is the responsibility of travellers to know about any changes to the travel and return policy through official sources and websites before planning to travel to the State of Qatar.
- Travellers must adhere to the measures in place in the State of Qatar to limit the spread of COVID-19 at all times.
- Quarantine is no longer mandatory for all travellers arriving from abroad, however, travellers who test positive for COVID-19 after arriving in Qatar must undergo self-isolation measures in accordance with the procedures followed in the State of Qatar.
- Citizens and residents of the State of Qatar are no longer required to take a Rapid Antigen test (nor PCR) upon their arrival in the State of Qatar.
- Visitors are no longer required to bring a Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) or Rapid Antigen test certificate before travelling to the State of Qatar.
- From 1 November 2022, visitors entering Qatar are not required to pre-register on the Ehteraz health application prior to arrival.
Ehteraz Mobile Application Policy:
- It is mandatory for individuals to present the health status of the Ehteraz application when entering public and private healthcare facilities in Qatar.
- To download Ehteraz, the traveller must have the following:
- SIM card from one of Qatar's service providers (Ooredoo or Vodafone) or an international SIM card.
- Mobile internet connection.
- The smartphone should support Android 6, newer versions or IOS 13.5 and later versions.
- Download and install the app on the mobile phone either via Google Play, Apple App Store or from any online search engines.
- SIM cards and smartphones are available for purchase at Hamad International Airport and Abu Samra border crossing if the passenger does not own them before arrival.
- Fully vaccinated persons in Qatar will have a golden frame around their Health Status on Ehteraz.
- The Health Status for citizens, residents, and visitors who have received the vaccine outside Qatar will remain green without a golden frame until their vaccine data is updated in the system or through the Overseas Vaccine Portal (www.ehteraz.gov.qa).
- The Health Status on the Ehteraz app will remain red throughout the isolation period, until the end of their period of isolation.
- Diplomats, administrative cardholders and VIP visitors arriving on official state visits are excluded from this measure.
Follow us on our social media channels: