The Prime Minister and Minister of Interior His Excellency Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al Thani presided over the weekly cabinet meeting held by the Council this afternoon at its headquarters in the Amiri Diwan.
After the meeting and after reviewing the report of the Supreme Committee for Crisis Management regarding the plan to re-impose restrictions due to COVID-19 in the interest of the health and safety of all members of society, the Minister of Justice and Acting Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs His Excellency Dr. Issa bin Saad Al Jafali Al Nuaimi stated the following:
All the restrictions will be effective from Friday, March 26, 2021, until further notice.
- No more than 80% of the total number of employees allowed in government and private workplaces, while the rest of the employees should work from their homes, and only go to the workplace upon request and depending on the circumstances.
- No more than 5 employees allowed in meetings in the governmental and private sectors, while taking precautionary measures.
2. RESTAURANTS & CAFES
Restaurants and cafes to provide food and beverages according to the following:
- Capacity does not exceed 15% for all indoor restaurants and cafes.
- Capacity does not exceed 50% in restaurants and cafés certified by the "Clean Qatar" program, with a capacity of no more than 30% for the rest of the restaurants and cafes in the open spaces.
- The number of people who are transported by buses to be half of the bus’s capacity, while taking precautions and precautionary measures.
- Capacity in Metro services and public transport should not exceed 30% on weekdays and 20%, on Fridays and Saturdays. Designated smoking areas will remain closed and not allowing food and drink to be consumed in other ways of mentioned transport.
- No more than four people to be in the vehicle, including the driver of the vehicle, with the exception of family members residing in the same house.
4. EDUCATIONAL AND TRAINING CENTERS
- Private educational centers and training centers allowed to provide their services through remote communication programs only.
- Capacity of nurseries and childcare facilities to remain at 30%.
- Capacity of public museums and libraries to be reduced to 30%.
- Individual educational sessions to be continue in centers designated for people with special needs.
- Driving schools closed until further notice.
- Not to allow the training of sports teams, whether in closed or open spaces, with the exception of preparatory training for local and international tournaments approved for teams within the bubble system.
6. COMMERCIAL ESTABLISHMENTS
- Reducing the capacity of commercial complexes to 30%, not allowing children under 12 years old to enter, and closing all prayer areas in these complexes, while continuing to close all food courts inside the commercial complexes, and allowing these restaurants to make external requests or deliver them inside the restaurant only.
- Reducing the capacity of cinemas to 20%, not allowing entry to persons under (18) years, and not organizing theatrical performances except after obtaining the approval of the Ministry of Public Health.
- Reducing the capacity of popular markets to 30%, and not allowing children under 12 years of age to enter.
- Salons and barbers continue the operation of with a capacity of no more than (30%).
- Closure of amusement parks and all recreational centres until further notice.
- Closure of health clubs, physical training clubs until further notice
- Closure of massage services, saunas, steam, Jacuzzi and Moroccan and Turkish baths until further notice, except for the use of lounges in hotels for guests.
- Close all swimming pools and water parks until further notice.
- Reducing the operational capacity of services provided by cleaning and hospitality companies during the working hours of contracting establishments to 30%, allowing their services to be provided with a full capacity outside the working hours of those facilities, and allowing their services to be provided at home through only one person.
7. BEACHES & PARKS
- Closure of playgrounds and exercise equipment in public parks.
- Beaches and the corniche, with gatherings being restricted to family members residing in the same house or two people as a maximum.
- The continued opening of mosques to perform the daily duties and Friday prayers, with the continued closure of toilets and ablution facilities.
9. SOCIAL GATHERINGS
- Preventing social gatherings and visits in closed places in homes and councils, and permitting the presence of a maximum of 5 people in open spaces.
- Permitting the presence of family members residing in the same house only in winter camps.
- No wedding ceremony is allowed.
10. EVENTS & EXHIBITIONS
- Obtaining prior approval from the Ministry of Public Health to hold exhibitions, conferences and various events.
- Obtaining prior approval from the Ministry of Public Health to organize local and international sporting events.
11. HEALTHCARE FACILITIES
- The capacity of private healthcare facilities reduced to 70%.
- Boat rental services including tourist yachts and other boats will remain suspended with the exception of rental services for family members residing in the same house.
- It is the responsibility of boat and yacht owners to ensure that only the family members residing in the same house are on board.
Source: Qatar News Agency, Qatar Cabinet
Follow us on our social media channels: