Post title: Administrative Assistant
Organization Unit: UNESCO Doha Office
Duty Station: Doha, Qatar
Contact Type: Service Contract (SB3/Peg1)
Duration: Till 31 Dec 2018 (renewable depending on satisfactory performance
and availability of fund)
Date of Issue: 02 April 2018
Date of Closing: 20 April 2018 (Midnight, Doha time)
Context and Background
The UNESCO Doha cluster office covers six Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries and Yemen is engaged in a range of projects and activities the region. Administrative unit provides all sorts of administrative support towards implementation of its activities.
Tasks and Expected Outputs
Under the overall delegated authority of the Director of the Office and the direct supervision of the Finance and Administrative Officer, the incumbent is involved in the completion of standard administrative support activities and processes as per UNESCO Rules and Regulations. As a team member, the incumbent provides administrative and support services in processing transactions, control and maintenance of accounts and databases, and preparation of routine reports, correspondence and administrative documentation.
In particular, s/he will be expected to perform the following responsibilities:
D.1 General Accountabilities
- Assist in the preparation of documents/reports;
- Compile, verify and maintain records of transactions and Office activities;
- Classify and code material relating to a number of subject areas and maintains general office files;
- Search Office files and records relating to a variety of topics for information and reference from automated systems;
- Select information and record in correspondence, technical papers, project/ programme plans and general reference documents;
- Draft routine correspondence, cables, memorandums and reports based on oral instructions, previous correspondence or other available information sources in accordance with standard office procedures.
D.2 Financial Accountabilities
- Process payments; check that documents are complete, correct and compliant with the rules, regulations and procedures;
- Provide information, explanations and guidance on basic rules and procedures;
- Ensure that the accounting records (disbursement and receipts documents) and corresponding justifications are complete and properly filed;
- Act as bank focal point; carry on the reconciliation and follow up on bank documents;
- Ensure that monthly bank statements of accounts of the Office are received on time for the monthly closing of accounts;
- Make disbursement from petty cash; ensure that all necessary receipts are provided and keep updating the register of petty cash.
D.3 Budgetary Accountability
- Register actions/data; do non-complex corrections in systems.
- Verify transactions and check data/figures; identify and correct errors/anomalies and assist to input corrective action in FABS, SISTER etc.
- Assist in preparation of budget, check completeness, accuracy and compliance of documentation;
-Assist in the production of a variety of financial reports and statistics related to regular and extra budgetary funds;
- Extract data and information from the automated financial and programmatic systems (FABS; SISTER etc.) and prepare standard reports.
D.4 HR Accountability
- Extract data from automated systems or other sources and prepare documents for processing; maintain and update database and follow up on personnel files;
- Draft routine correspondence and memoranda based on previous examples and templates;
- Assist staff members and their dependents by processing requests for visas, identity cards, driving licenses and other necessary personnel-related documents in accordance with requirements of the organization and the host country.
- Collect applications for vacancies and conduct reference checks;
- Coordinate interview schedules, prepare agenda and documentation.
- Make arrangements for shipment and receipt of office and project supplies and equipment and household effects, including customs clearance;
- Check documents by verifying purchase orders and check the comparative quotations;
- Follow up on requests by tracking and collecting orders (goods and services), check that goods and services are received according to the terms of the Pro forma (time, quantity, quality);
- Maintain and monitor stock levels of various supply items. Maintain, update and transmit inventory records of non-expendable equipment to BFM;
- Liaise with companies and different host country’s administration;
- Follow up air tickets purchase and payments, prepare travel authorizations and assemble information pertinent to the purpose of travel; track security certificates. Make travel and hotel reservations.
D.6 Additional activities that may be required to ensure the success of the work team.
University degree (BA or equivalent) preferably in commerce or similar discipline with 3 years of relevant qualifying work experience. Advanced university degree in the relevant field in combination with at least 2 years of relevant qualifying experience might be accepted.
How to apply:
Interested candidates with desired qualifications and skills should submit their letter of interest and CV using UNESCO CV standard form (http://www.unesco.org/new/en/d...) in English to the address of 66, Lusail Street-West Bay, PO Box 3945, Doha or to [email protected] Or by Fax: +974 44113015. Please clearly indicate the post title in the subject of your application.
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATE WILL BE CONTACTED
A WRITTEN EXAMINATION MAY BE USED IN THE EVALUATION OF CANDIDATES.
UNESCO IS A NON-SMOKING ORGANIZATION
UNESCO is committed to promoting geographical distribution and gender equality within its Secretariat. Therefore, women candidates are strongly
encouraged to apply, as well as nationals from non- and under-represented Member States. Persons with disabilities are also encouraged to apply.
Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
There are multiple advertising possibilities with the ILQ network, drop us an e-mail at [email protected] for inquiries!
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
Salam! Welcome to our brand new site! Looking good huh?
We’ve got loads of cool new features and to help make sure your account is secure, you’ll need to reset your password the first time you log in.
New to ILQ? What are you waiting for? Sign up!
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!