No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
The key focus of this role is to assist the team with all Admin and Procurement related tasks. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Maintain MD’s appointment schedule by planning meetings, conferences and teleconferences
• Perform a variety of administrative or executive support tasks that are highly confidential and sensitive.
• Make travel arrangements; prepare itineraries; prepare, compile and maintain travel vouchers and records for the Managing Director as required.
• In coordination with other EA's, recommend actions to be taken on office expenditures such as equipment and supply needs.
• Establish and maintain various filing and records management systems.
• Liaison/Manage the procurement of goods and services related to logistics
• Analyse procurement requirements, liaison with other departments particularly the Finance Department and the vendors for timely delivery and follow up.
• In coordination with Finance, negotiates and prepares contractual agreements, ensuring appropriate terms and conditions are included to protect the interests of the company
• Prepare purchase orders and purchase requisitions to order material, goods and supplies, and send them to the suppliers
• Interact with the suppliers on day to day basis, review deliveries against the orders.
• Ensure that any invoices are sent to Finance for payment
• Perform any related work as assigned by the Managing Director.
To be considered for this role you will need to possess:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
Minimum secondary education, degree holder would be preferable
Intermediate MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
*Minimum of seven years’ experience in Admin and Procurement
* Previous experience in a similar capacity within a large, busy office setup
* Preferred experience within a contracting or similar organization, which operates in multiple arduous and hostile locations
* Knowledge of the application of instructions and guidelines to specific problems.
* Knowledge of the organization and composition of letters, minutes, reports, charts and spread sheets.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
CLICK HERE to apply!
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!