I am working and living in Qatar for the last 6 years as a secretary. The company that I am working is under the management of Al-Thani's. I have some questions to ask, I hope you can help me withis questions i will enumerate all of them:
1) Working hours = in my contract it generally states that i am to work 8 hours minimum a day and 2 more hours if required. But my current manager told that we are to work from 7am to 5pm is that fair. He told that 1hour lunch break is not included in the working hours and the 15mins break. Does he have a point in doing this? Is that really how we must work, what would be the rule of the land in working hours here in Qatar?
2) No Objection Certificate = I was locally hired in this company last January 1st 2007, do i have the right to asked for an NOC. It has been 5 years now since i first started working here in this company. Is it really under their discretion if they are going to give me NOC or not? What's the ruling in giving an NOC?
3) Complain = if i am to complain in the labour department of Qatar what is my chances in wining a case?
4) Abolishment = Is there already a law in the abolishment of NOC?
5) 2yr. Ban = Is the 2 years banned still in effect?
I hope you could help me with my questions.